WELCOME TO CAVE PASSIVE PEDALS!
We’ve looked to the past to see the way forward to deliver vintage tone!
Welcome to the world’s first, totally passive, guitar and bass effects pedals website. Our company prides itself on being the first to introduce you to the amazing world of non-powered guitar and bass effects pedals (no battery or power supply unit required). Our range includes wah, overdrive, fuzz, tone modifiers, boosters and special f/x all working with single coil pick-ups, humbucker pick-ups and active systems depending on your instrument.
Some of the benefits of Cave Passive Pedals:-
• Our effects pedals will work whether using a guitar or bass with standard non-active pick-ups or active pick-ups
• Unique sounding effects for stage and studio use
• Our pedals are aesthetically designed and compact
• No need to remove your guitar lead jack plug from input jack socket on pedal to stop battery drain, as in powered pedals
• Our products are made by hand in Australia
• Our pedals are presented in handmade wooden boxes complete with a microfibre cleaning cloth
• World first, innovative circuit design
• No need to constantly replace battery as with powered pedals
• Outstanding after sales support – you can even email an electronics engineer!
WHAT ARE PASSIVE PEDALS?
Passive technology is nothing new. The volume and tone controls on your guitar or bass are passive. Some amplifiers are equipped with a passive “tone stack”, bass-middle-treble controls. The idea of passive overdrive has been with us for years. The concept of two diodes facing opposite directions, wired in parallel across the output terminals of an instrument creates a usable, but sometimes volume dropping, fuzz or “crunch” sound. Even a Ring Modulator effect that disrupts the signal to an unrecognisable bell like tone, is a passive device from the 1950’s.
So what makes Cave Passive Pedals so different?
We have taken vintage technology and improved its capabilities. We feel there was a “gap” left in time. When every electronics engineer focussed on creating smaller components, more efficient, portable power supplies and eventually, the digital revolution, the passive world took a massive step backward, plunging towards near extinction! If the human race had of realised that passive electronics had a long and exciting development ahead, that many things are possible without the use of a power source, would they still have given it up?
“Crystal sets” have long been forgotten. To receive radio transmissions without the need for 240 volts or a pack of 1.5 volt batteries would blow most people’s minds of today. Even more bizarre would be the concept of “wireless transmission of free energy” that Nikola Tesla was prevented from giving to the world! Imagine, never having to worry about finding a wall socket or changing flat batteries. Where ever you went, your radio could keep playing…indefinitely! All this is possible with vintage technology!
Here at Cave Passive Pedals, we are trying to fill the gaps. We have taken a step back in time to bring you, the musician, what should have been. We are the first to re-establish passive electronics in a world that refuses to believe that nothing can be achieved without a power supply.
Heath Cave – Chief Designer